Cockatoo Island

Went out with a couple of friends (MX and LQ) today to Cockatoo Island.

Today was actually the first time I'd been to Cockatoo Island, and not going to lie, I loved it a lot.

The setting was wonderful, and so many potential photoshoot locations! It got me excited just exploring around. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos for a variety of reasons.
  • I wasn't dressed in the most photographer-friendly clothing
  • I was carrying a bag which kind of got in the way
  • I just wanted to enjoy the day and explore a bit
  • I wasn't feeling 100% (mostly this reason)
Though there's this one.


Not best quality; was feeling kind of lazy

I'm actually so in-love with the place and I know for sure that it won't be the last time I go there.

May perhaps plan a photoshoot there sometime, but we'll have to see. I've got way too much on my plate in the current time to even begin thinking about it, but perhaps in late December.

It was a lovely day out, just catching up with MX and LQ (though I did see LQ just recently; MX I hadn't seen in a long, long time, which brings the number of our face-to-face meetings to a grand total of 4!)

The island was (basically) deserted which was super great (I don't really like crowds)

We were also walking along a path when suddenly a very aggressive seagull jumped out at us and basically started hustling us (HAHA).

Later we realised it was guarding eggs, and we found heaps of similar seagull families around :')

So cute!
Also took like, one street photo.

(I was really tired and generally feeling weak, since I'm still recovering from the flu, so apologies.)

I really liked the line they made
Later on, we all went to Ippudo for lunch, which was, might I say, absolutely fantastic.

The food was great, the service was top-notch, and the setting was also incredible. Loved it to bits and I'm positive that it's not going to be the last time I eat there.

Although, it was more pricey than a normal lunch (considering I had a full bagel meal for $6 just a few days ago), it was definitely well worth it.

(deep fried cheese; I think I need to sit down)

I didn't initially plan on taking any photos of food, but then this arrived and the trio of us decided it was too nicely arranged to pass the opportunity, so I whipped out my camera and the rest is history.

Don't remember the precise name of the disk (something salmon...), but it tasted superb.
Anyway, I had to leave early because I wasn't feeling well, and I had a lot of housekeeping to do at home (busy busy busy). Nonetheless, the short day was an enjoyable one and I'm glad I felt well-enough to even leave the house today :')

Many updates. Much busy. Stay safe and hydrated, kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.