JH's house, birthday presents

Went to my friend JH's place today, just to chill around with some friends.

Didn't take too many photos, but did take quite a few of her cute little dog. (Makes me want a dog so, so, so much)





Sorry for the picture spam!

We didn't do anything too specific except really just chill around and play some games, (e.g., Cards Against Humanity).

Photo kudos of friend, DL
It was a really nice day off just relaxing and such :')

They also gave me some birthday gifts (which were late due to the reason that they didn't have a suitable opportunity to give them to me before). They were nicely wrapped in this really nice brown paper wrapping and clear plastic.



An interesting fact about me is my relationship with Harry Potter.

I didn't read the book series until Year 8, and at the time, did not purchase my own set of books. Rather, I went around borrowing the books off my various friends and reading them like that.

As a result, I only had the opportunity to read the books once each, and since then, have not been able to re-live that.

And, well, need I say more?


What I'm very, very stoked about is the covers. They're so beautiful and the artwork style is really incredible (I'm really liking the design). Although a lot of people like the classical covers, I've personally never been a real fan, and these ones look gorgeous.

They're so perfect that I don't even want to touch them or read them, in-case I ruin them in any way.

However, I've been lacking time to read in recent weeks, so I don't think I'll have the freedom to re-read the book series just yet. I've set them aside and will endeavour to read them as soon as I'm able to. (In the meanwhile, I'm actually reading Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham and A Life Worth Living by Robert Martenson; both are ones that I'm enjoying considerably)

To top it all off, they also got me one more book.

I had a feeling it was going to be this book before I opened the wrapping. I had mentioned it to a friend a few days back, and just with a bit of guessing and intuition, I managed to suspect correctly.

Humans of New York! by Brandon Stanton
I've wanted this book for a while, and have admired HONY for a long time. It was actually through the book that I actually discovered HONY in the first place;
A few weeks back I was wandering around Kinokuniya (a place that I've cumulatively spent many hours in) and I stumbled across this book. I had a flick through and I fell in love.

Stood there for a good 10 minutes just flicking through the pages and admiring it. And then I went home and discovered HONY on Facebook, etc.

I'd never purchased the book because it was pricey, and I figured since it was online also...
But, let me just say that having a physical copy lying in my hands is such a nice feeling.

And, the further cherry-on-top, a few days back they also gave me a Geo Wind Spinner (I think that's what it was called), and a very sentimental scrapbook.

I'm loving the design to bits.

The scrapbook was amazing. I'm not going to go into detail about the effort that went into it, but let's just say that I believe I have some of the best friends in the world and I wouldn't trade my friend group for any other replacements.



Was reunited with many friends from all over the world, as well.

Letters from Denmark, and New Zealand.
It's a late post for these presents. The reasons for that are because
1. I didn't have my camera at the time when I received the scrapbook and GeoSpinner
2. I hadn't received the books yet.
3. May have forgotten/not had time to (please forgive me)

Life is still as busy as ever and I'm struggling to juggle everything at the same time. Going out consecutively like so is a difficult schedule to keep up with, and I'm barely managing.

My desk is (still) a mess, even though HSC finished two weeks ago. I've yet to do a lot of things, and have many movies to watch, places to go, things to organise, and general to-dos.

But hey, time stops for no one.

Have a good day, everyone.
Adios.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.