Last Week #5

Sadly no photos taken by me of actual graduation (I chose to leave my camera at home, because I wanted to enjoy the day myself)

But here are some post-graduation photos.

A lovely bouquet that my friend, CL, gifted me.


Also got several goodbye letters which really hit home when I read them.
I still lick my envelopes; does anyone else do that?
A paper rose

Graduation certificate.
The past year has been eventful, especially in terms of photography.

I said that I would start bringing my camera with me to a lot more places this year, and I did. And I enjoyed it. I enjoyed capturing every moment possible.

These images reflect so much in them. They tell such a big story. It has really grown to be something I enjoy.

Although this isn't the end of my photography, it will be the end of my photography for the school. It has been a pleasure serving the school this way, and although I received no award or merit, I've received things that I could never have asked for.

For a starter, there was the entire camera incident. That was already beyond anything I could have imagined.

And I have taken away experience, good times, great photos, and many (candid) smiles.

Although graduation is bittersweet and overly commented on, I'd like to put my interpretation of things.


I believe we have a choice in how to tell a story. I believe we have a choice in how to live our lives. I believe we have a choice in our actions, our words, how we think, and what we do. And I believe that those are the things that can change the world.
So, let us attempt to regard the past experience in positivity. 
Let us not think ‘Never again’ but rather, phrase it ‘Remember when’.
Let us not think ‘I wish I could go back’, but rather, phrase it ‘I’m glad we did it.’
Let us not think of the absence of these people in the future, but rather, think of the existence of them in our pasts.


Nothing can change the past, and nothing will change what we’ve done, where we’ve been and who we are. No matter what happens in the future or what winds will sway us, nothing will change the fact that our paths crossed and you are now a part of my world and I, a part of yours.
In fact, the future is ours to take. Who knows what it will bring?
Doesn’t that excite you? That excites me. I can’t even sit still.
And even though I won’t be there with you physically every step of the way, I will lay forever in the hearts of the people that love me, and if they go to great places then I will too.
Even in the slight chance that I don’t see them again, even if our time together has ceased, our futures have not.
But for those that mean the most to me — the ones that really matter in life, well. This is not the end. I sincerely believe so.
One day we’ll see each other. 
That may be next week, next month, next year, or in 50 years time.
But one day I will see you again. We will sit together. We will catch up. We will be glad of the past, but more importantly, we will share the future that came after we said our goodbyes on the 19th of September. We will tell of the places we went, the things we did, the people we met, and in those moments I will feel like we didn’t actually say goodbye.
And I will feel like I was with you every step of the way.
Go out there, take on the world. Be who you want to be, with or without me. That’s all I want for you, and if you do just that, then this goodbye will have been worth every tear of sadness.
"You and I will meet again,
When we’re least expecting it, 
One day in some far off place, 
I will recognize your face,
I won’t say goodbye my friend,
For you and I will meet again.”
— Tom Petty
As a post-note, I’m so excited for the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.