Selective hits 1K

Sorry this post is so long overdue (and updates in general). I've been swamped by the thing that is known as 'real life' and sometimes it's a real struggle to even manage to keep up! None-the-less, I've got a few photos and such that are lining up on the 'to-do' list, but the problem is when they'll be done...

Either way, let's cut to the chase.

Happy days!

Although a bit of a late post (due to exams and events in life), a few days ago (a week? More than that? I've lost track of time) #selective hit a thousand likes on Facebook!

Many memories made during the production of this photo.

We'd all been waiting up for this moment for a long time. Ever since we hit about ~500 we had been contemplating the extreme possibility that MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'd hit the big one thousand one day. One day. If we were lucky.

Every time I try to reconcile with the fact that we're past a thousand likes I just end up reveling in confusion, because it's so hard for me to even believe that this is a reality???

One thousand. One thousand... One thousand! How did we manage to get this far? How is it possible that there's one thousand people out there who know what #Selective is? It's mind-blowing.

So here we are, at one thousand, and I don't know where we'll go from here. We never really knew where we'd go, or what we'd ever get to, but that's part of the surprise! It's great to know that I've always got two others to rely on (much love, MX and LQ) and I guess we'll just have to keep moving forward and see what hides in the future! 

What started out as a 'silly' idea between a few people has somehow grown, and along with it, our love for photography and friendships. It's brought me things I could never have imagined.

There are two events in my life that I account for my current daily enthusiasm for opportunity. One of those is Selective Photography. From what it used to be to where we are (started from the bottom now we're here), it all started with a deep breath and the motivation to 'give it a shot'. Had that first step not been made -- had our fears not been breached -- we'd never be standing anywhere close to where we are today.

It frightens me to think that we were so close from not making this a reality. It makes me think of all the other missed opportunities that may have passed me in my eighteen years of life.

But, we can choose to dwell on the past or we can decide to look to the future and learn. This entire journey thus far has not only taught me how much I love photography and improved my skills, but it's also lead to opportunities I wouldn't have dreamed of, great friendships, and a life lesson. It's shown me that every accomplishment you make, every achievement, every success in life, all starts with the decision to try.

There's nothing wrong with trying and failing.
But not trying at all? Now that's preemptive defeat.

You never know what's going to be the next opportunity that will change everything. So take every opportunity, because if you don't, someone else will.

Okay, now I'll leave you on this very deep and cliche ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.