#MONOCHROME // royal

It feels good to be back in the game.

The other day I finally set foot to complete a long-awaited and anticipated photoshoot with my good friend CL :)

We'd been discussing the possibility of a photoshoot for a while now, and since we're both pretty busy with various things in our lives, it was really a miracle that we even found the slither of time to even do this photoshoot.

It was a really nice and casual photoshoot, and although the weather was kind of wet, it added to the image I was trying to convey. Also many thanks and a shout-out to CL for
    1. Her first time modelling
    2. Her excellent wardrobe coordination
    3. Being helpful in general
Especially 3, since she's handy with photography too!




We decided to head-off to Cockatoo Island -- an all time favourite. Thankfully there weren't a lot of people, despite it being a Public Holiday (likely due to the rain. And honestly, not a lot of people decide to go to Cockatoo Island on a Public Holiday...).

I'm really happy with how this shoot turned out! It was quite a rushed photoshoot with a limited amount of time (I think we spent, at most, 1.5 hours? Maybe less?), yet narrowing down the photos to two was still really quite difficult. And I don't know, I'm just really glad with how the atmosphere of the final two images turned out! It really worked a lot better with the colour than I thought it would!

I don't know what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just a little excited and proud because it's the first photoshoot I've done in a long time. (That's probably why).

I suppose with this being the third installation to #MONOCHROME, I feel like I'm improving, at least a little bit. I suppose I've realised the importance of telling models what to do, and not being afraid to step in and change/fix things. Just thinking back to my first photoshoots, I sort of let the model do whatever they wanted, and it made things difficult. All about being a reflective practitioner, y'know? Eyyy medical capabilities.

Anyway, this post is diverging a bit off track.

There's something really satisfying about finishing a set of photos. It's been such a long time that I hardly remember what it feels like. There's such a sense of pride that's invested in these photos from the photographer's side of things -- spending hours to produce the best final image you can is effort that I never thought I'd be able to put into photography. Surely that means something, right?

Still loving Cockatoo Island, no doubt about it. There are so many new settings and props to use each time, as long as your imagination is in tune. However, perhaps thinking of one in St Peters or Newtown (or something of the sort; Glebe? Redfern?), but first step is to find another model, because I seem to be fresh out in supply.

Also, another misc thing I've noticed is that I've only ever photographed females (excluding the case of my brother). That's something I need to change in the future, but I think for this #MONOCHROME series I'll continue with females first, and perhaps do another version later on.

Another note: Just realised it's time for another AFL shoot! Almost missed the deadline, actually. So I guess that'll be coming soon.

Alright, I'll end it here. Over and out!


[Photos taken on the Nikon D7100 with the Nikon 35mm f/1.8. Edited in Lightroom and Photoshop]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.