Life as a Medical Student. Kinda.

Just an update!

So as of late, I feel like I'm finally getting into the jive of medicine. Maybe I just feel validated because of my splurge on medical posters (Not going to lie, they were a big hole in the wallet). But! They're nice posters and (I plan to make them) useful for medicine. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Completely redecorated my wall! 
With an entire month of medicine eclipsing past, and exams upcoming in the next few weeks, I started to realise how things have changed since I first started Uni.

It's been such a radical change, but I can't pin-point it into words either.

All I can say is that I'm enjoying Uni, despite all the change and the confusion and occasional 'my-life-is-a-mess'. 

The content has picked up, (which is common to all Uni degrees, I believe), yet at the same time, life outside of study has become so much more. Thinking back on HSC (was reminiscing with a high-school friend just yesterday) I realised how much of 2014 I actually devoted to studying. Everything was about exams or studying or assignments or homework. Perhaps that's because of the environment/school I was in, or personal circumstances, but it's so much more different here.

To be honest, it's reminiscent of Summer Camp for Bio, but that's another story.

As of late though, with exams coming up, I feel a little bit of the stress returning. And with the mid-semester break, let's just say my circadian rhythm was demolished and I was a bit grumpy. You know that feeling when it's as if there's this black cloud just following wherever you go? Yeah. When it just seems like a bad day and everything is just frustrating.

I took a breath in and took a step back.

And went and bought some yellow flowers for the home.

No daffodils though :(

I thought it'd lighten up the atmosphere at home, and do something about my rotten mood.

There's this friend I've recently gotten to know, and what I really admire about them is their ability to take the initiative. To be the initiative. They're so willing to go out of their way to help their friends and others in need and it really made me re-think the things I do.

If something isn't going right, then change it.

I know it's easy to say, and hard to do. Things aren't always as simple as that. But in this case, instead of going through an entire week of being grumpy and essentially acting like an ass-hat to everyone I decided I'd relax a bit, buy some flowers, and do something good. Things don't have to be bad, y'know? You don't always have to accept the day as a 'bad' day.

Although I left the house that morning in a storm with a furrowed brow on my face, I decided to return in the evening with a smile and some flowers. That cost $15 omg the povo uni student life is killing me.

But anyway, that's something I've learned recently from a new friend who really amazes me every day at their compassion and initiative to change things.

In the meantime, I've been kind of exhausted and life is going cray, but that's okay! Life is like that.

Just an update. May not have anything exciting to say for a while because of upcoming exams and exhaustion, but I do have photos from another photoshoot that I've (still!) yet to finish editing, and some party photography tomorrow. Also, exciting new news coming to Selective :) (hehe, new news), so stay tuned for that! (I'm so excited)

Okay. Over and out. Got to read a big print-out and study off it. I love big print-outs. (Legit not being sarcastic this time).

Thanks Officeworks; where would I be without you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.