Alexandria and other night activities

As an overdue 'catch-up' session with the rest of the Selective crew, we decided to meet up on Sunday, despite it really not being the right time to do so. We've all been rather busy, and have a lot to prepare for the next few weeks. Yet, there's something about seeing your friends that always justifies the struggle you put yourself through.

So, although tired and with a list of things to do, we met up and decided to explore the Grounds of Alexandria. A friend (DS) had suggested this place for a photoshoot, so we thought we'd give it a scout-out.

The details in the decor was really nice
Unfortunately we arrived pretty late (a lot after the closing time of all their stalls, etc.) which meant a lot of the props were closed and unavailable to us. Also, the sun was setting and it was getting quite dark, meaning ISO's were rising exponentially.

None-the-less, the Grounds themselves were beautiful, and even the small bit that we had access to was still lovely.

So quaint
But, disaster struck again as we were informed that we're not actually allowed to do photoshoots in here, which is a fair call and I can understand why they have that rule.
So, we left. Huzzah, kicked out! I guess this won't be a shoot location then, I suppose...

Shout-out to a George Orwell reference (?)

With our back-up plan to head off to Centennial Gardens soon ruined (because it was essentially pitch black), we had to come up with an impromptu trip to Circular Quay instead.

First a quick stop-off at Ippudo for dinner (yum yum; I used my $20 voucher!) Following, a short walk to the Quay. It'd gotten quite dark by this point, so with a trusty tripod in hand, we braved the night.

Many long-exposure shots were taken. And a group selfie (yay!) A legit one for once. Despite passing the one-year anniversary of Selective, it's amazing that we've only ever had two photos of all of us together. Wow.

Anyway, not much of an exciting post. The better photos will be coming soon (taken on LQ's camera). It's a bit of an exciting time for Selective right now, so I figured I'd do a quick update. I think with us settling into University, we've started to branch out and dream big again. With a successful transition from high-school to beyond, I think we've finally started to reach into University. I wonder where it'll take us!

Okay. I've run out of things to say. Uni has started again, with exams breathing in my face, so no guarantees about anything in the next few weeks.

But, knowing myself, despite what I say, I'll probably still post quite regularly. I'll find some excuse to post, anyhow.

In the meantime, take care!

Also, P.S., I SAW A CRANE BEING ERECTED. LIKE. THE SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED TO ME. All my life I have wondered and on this night it appeared before us. I felt like I saw something I wasn't supposed to see. This is history in the making.

I'm only exaggerating. But seriously, the machine that made the crane was actually named 'The Beast'. A suitable name, if I have to say so myself.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.