MedShave and Photography

So with (almost) a month of Uni finishing up, I think I'm starting to get used to things.

Don't get me wrong -- everything's still everywhere and there is quite a large amount of chaos. But I feel like I've been starting to get things sorted. Slightly.

Recently I even managed to take photos for some University events for Medicine, which has been super sweet.

I finally feel like I'm getting into the vibe of things, and finally starting to get back into photography as a documentary form. It's been a while, and it feels good to do it again!
This time the event was Be Brave and Shave!

[A limit on the number of photos posted here, but if you'd like to see the rest, check out this link here]



Got some really nice shots, and it was really great to finally get back into the groove of this. It's been a long time and I've almost forgotten what it even feels like to have this responsibility.

It just hit me halfway through taking photos that... I don't know. It was just a weird feeling to realise that I'm 'doing this again'. The feeling was so oddly familiar and recognisable, yet it felt like it was such a long time since I'd done it.

Half of the people I didn't know the names of, let alone even seen them around Uni. I'm sure that they didn't know who I was, either. Yet, it sort of all fell into place. I suppose there's a part of being a photographer that makes you do that -- you just jump in without thinking. The most important thing is getting the shot and capturing what the atmosphere of the moment. Often that involves blocking the view of people, getting down on one knee or other difficult positions, and overcoming any sense of social anxiety.

It felt good.

Although I'm still a lowly fresher, it felt really nice to finally have some responsibility and know what I'm doing (in contrast to the usual confusion that I'm surrounded by). It felt great to jump in there, have a motive, and just do it (not endorsed by Nike), because that's what I'm comfortable doing.


Be brave and... wax?
I'm not sure how to put it into words accurately, or whether anyone reading this will actually understand what I'm trying to say, but I have to put it out there.

Just a quick update because it feels good to be back in business. Take care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.