Athletics Carnival 2014

Last week we had our (last) athletic's carnival.
Very glad that I decided to go; definitely worth waking up and going to school rather than sleeping in.

Also brought my camera and took many photos (Totalled ~1400 photos). It was pretty fun taking sports photos; really taught me a lot about how to get the right shot when things are moving fast (focusing is particularly difficult LOL)

Just some photo dumps. 

Shotput

WK was insanely good at discus. Not even kidding.
It almost went down the hill and over the fence. V impressive.
 Really enjoyed taking photos of long jump and triple jump.

Friend, JL, absolutely smashing long jump (and also triple jump).
Hurdles were also pretty fun to take photos of!
Getting that split moment when they jump over the hurdle oh my gosh.

These past 2 days I really, really appreciated my high shutter speed, wide aperture, and 6fps continuous burst (!!!!!)

So many good shots, but had to cut the face off, sorry.
But, by far, the most intense sport would have to be high jump.
This was so impressive, and the tension in the air while they leaped over massive heights was incredible.

Kind of disliked the low lighting within the gym (EURGH NOISY PHOTOS) but I did the best I could.

One of the final two jumpers left
Also managed to strap GoPro to the pole, and shot some amazing 120fps videos of people high jumping!

Really excited for those shots to be processed. My friend's processing the video this time, though, and not sure if I'll post it here, but it'll be posted on facebook.

It looks very, very impressive. (I LOVE SLOW MO)

That's as tall as me...
Overall, great two days.

Kind of bittersweet that it's our last athletics/sport event. Last time wearing sports uniform?
As much as the uniform looks terrible, I have to admit that I'll miss it.

No more athletics carnivals. Wow. I think I'm going to go and cry in my corner now.

Anyway, exams are coming up, so may not have a chance to post anytime soon. However, as soon as they finish, I will be legging it to Vivid Sydney, so will definitely be posting then!! Looking forward to it.

[Also thinking of not bringing a tripod this time. Kind of wanting just to bring my prime, and just enjoy the night, rather than focus too much on taking long exposure shots (because those absolutely take so much time and effort and I just ceeeeeeebs). Street photography? Man, it's been a while.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.