Yoko Ono, MCA, city

Approximately a week ago I went out with a couple of friends to check out the Museum of Contemporary Art and to just have a day to relax.

Started off by wandering around in the city and ducking into a coffee store with MM
it was like a kid in a candy store, I swear. All the rows and rows of these tiny boxes were so neat that I couldn't resist taking a photo
Later on we met with SL (who was late)
"look at that bokeh"
Before heading off to the MCA, the three of us went for lunch at a nice little Japanese restaurant, because Haruharu was closed (I think.)
I had my first ever cold udon! I also got way too excited about the free tempura flakes ((I still wish I had taken more))
SL also decided it would be a good idea to eat some spicy dish and I can tell you that it was probably not a good idea.
[Also, note: if you ever go to Melbourne, you have to try Crazy Wings]

So then we finally head of to the MCA
Yoko Ono's exhibition: WAR IS OVER! (if you want it). Taken on the stairs leading up to the gallery
Immediately hustled off to the Yoko Ono exhibition and spent quite a long time in there.

Started off by playing a game of chess with SL. We sat there for a long deal of time trying to play, but unfortunately we didn't get to finish an entire game due to time constraints and forgetfulness.
Photo taken by MM. "Play it by Trust"
I can assure you I was winning (it's not like you could really tell who was winning though). I'd really like one of these chess sets at home.
I really enjoyed all the interactive works of art, and this entire wall of notes stuck on (another audience-participant work) was also really impressive and sweet.
"My Mommy is Beautiful"
I found my eyes tearing up when I read enough of these. I thought it was pretty sweet and a great photo opportunity.
Also found my belonging related text for English at the exhibition (which was one of the reasons I wanted to go in the first place), and I'm pretty pleased with it.
"Water Talk"
Another kid-in-a-candy-store moment for me.
It's quite simple, but it works. I find that I try to fit too much into my essay, and it often comes out all over the place, so hopefully with a simpler text I'll be able to pull it off better.

Then head off to explore the rest of the MCA.
Snapped this really neat piece of art and it's now currently my computer wallpaper; ((a reminder not to procrastinate. Ironically, I'm doing just that right now.))
We thought it'd be nice to just check out the Museum's shop, even though we knew it would be quite costly and money-burning.
Found this gem. I read the entire book standing there.
Finally, it was time to go.
One last photo at the MCA before we left. It was a wonderful view.
(slightly peeved that there are a few silhouettes on the left side)
SL, MM and I walked around the city a bit more; went for some really great matcha frappes (I'm in love) at a nice little cafe in the city (which I will be visiting many more times in the near future).
Matcha Oreo Frappes. 10/10
Also had a lot of confusion and uncertainty about whether the frappes had coffee in them.

But yeah! It was a really nice day out and I enjoyed it a lot. Really would like to go to Art Museums a lot more frequently. I like the atmosphere a lot.

Alright, that's all I got.
/man



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.