Rainbow Roses (attempt)

Had a few white roses around the house from Valentine's Day, and saw these photos and got a tad bit ambitious.
Image taken from this website
Naturally, I whipped out my stack of food colouring and decided to give it a shot, because why not.
Sorry for the messy food colouring bottles
 So my brother and I had a go and tried making some :)
Keyword: tried

I also got my hands highly dirty and stained (always happens when I'm within a 1m radius of food colouring)
Photo taken by my brother.
 For the record, they didn't turn out great.
I suppose it might be because
a) I only started on Sunday after they the roses had been cut since Thursday, so they would have started to die
b) Poor conditions
c) I absolutely destroyed many stems while trying to cut them up; (hence the last photo)

Failed stems. LOL. Loud and proud.
So I don't have any 'finished product' photos, because mine didn't exactly turn out right... But next time! I'm determined to make them work.
Maybe not getting the rainbow ones, but at least coloured roses.

I even tried using my biology knowledge of xylem and eudicot stem's vascular bundles but as you can see it didn't exactly help me out much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.