JMH #7 // DNP, blue skies (for once) and goodbyes (temp)

So for the last day, we decided just to stay at home.

Just to soak it all in. Just to... Do nothing in particular and just enjoy the time we had left.

I invited a few friends over; the ones that had spent quite a lot of time with HN and JH, and we simply just talked, played some games, and ate food.

And also took ridiculous portraits
At 2:45pm, it was time to depart.

All my friends left and we hopped into the car to head off to the airport. We all knocked out instantly and slept most of the way there.

Blue skies were everywhere. It was gorgeous.
The weather had been having a massive hissy-fit the last week, during their stay. Thankfully on the day they departed, it took a turn for the better.


It was a bittersweet goodbye. Less sad than previous, because I suppose you reach a point when you realise that 'surely this isn't the last time I see your face'.

I don't know if that is true or not, but that's what I was thinking at the time, anyway. Sometimes it is the last time, sometimes it isn't. I hope it's the latter.

Either way, there's something odd about saying goodbye to friends that are this close to you. It hardly is sad at all. It's sort of... Well, they're gone physically, yes. But in other ways (as cheesy as it sounds ew) they never truly leave. (wow even this is too cheesy for me to handle)

I don't know how to explain it.

It's just that when you spend so much time with people that always make you laugh, as much as it is hard to say goodbye...

I don't know.

I know they'll be safe. I know they'll go out there and have more fun. And I know that I'll see them again and it'll be like good old times.

Of course, I don't really know all of this will be true, but I'm confident that it will.

Either way, they're still wonderful friends and goodbyes aren't so sad after all, when you all say "Keen for round two".

That's something I learned through IBO. Goodbyes weren't so hard after leaving Bali. We all find a way, and although you may be on the other side of the world from me (in some cases, this is literal), that doesn't change anything about our memories or the fact that we get along and I call you my friend.

Anyway. I'll end it here before I waffle on.

Goodbye, till next time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.