Kangaroo Island Video



Another long-overdue video. Actually somewhat proud of this one! Brings back a lot of fond memories, even though the footage was a bit of a pain to edit through (because I had decided to pretty much film everything).

Also I only recently found out that allegedly, Kangaroo Island has a high population of snakes -- the poisonous variety that are typical of Australia. Well, I can certainly say that if I had known, I would have cut back on the romping around in fields of grass and exploring the wilderness by myself with nothing but a GoPro strapped to my head.

There's nothing quite like the moment you realise in hind-sight that you actually just did something dangerous. On one hand, you made it through, but on the other hand, if you had known this earlier you wouldn't have done it in the first place...

But that's a story for another time.

Ultimately, Kangaroo Island was a genuinely lovely trip. It's a place I probably won't be visiting for a while simply because of the effort to get there and the large amount of work and hard-work to make a successful holiday there (no car, no phone signal, no supplies...). Additionally, I felt like I was able to experience a pretty genuine three days there on this trip, so returning again wouldn't really have much new to offer. Though, at the end of it all, I loved the trip a lot, and I'd recommend it at least once in your life. It's completely different to be out and away from the city (and even a town! You can't even pop down to your local supermarket to get any supplies!) with such a disconnection from the busy  urban hustle. It really is.

It makes you wonder what it means to live in a city, and how different things can be.

There's no way I can replicate it into words and accurately represent what it really feels like, but I do believe it's an experience that will stick with me for a long while to come.

Likely another post soon before I jet-set off.
Take care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.