Update: Post IBO, Trials, Misc

Life's been pretty busy recently, with upcoming exams and such.

I'm going to admit that I can't wait till HSC is over, because then the stress will be gone and we can finally move onto University, which I am super-duper excited about for many reasons.

I'm still not sure where I want to study, though. There's been a lot of tossing up and down of options in the last 2 weeks, and it's basically left me in a spaghetti mess of thoughts, but I'll figure it out in a few months time.

This post is kind of pointless; I just realised that I had two photos on my camera that I had forgotten to upload; they're photos of some souvenirs I received from the IBO that I thought were worth posting.

From the UK;
Souvenir: an advertisement for The Biologist
The UK team had the most uninteresting souvenirs, I'm not going to lie. They were so absolutely bizarre that they're worth mentioning, and is thus why it was chosen as 1 of the 2 photos that I actually took of souvenirs. (There are plenty more souvenirs, but I honestly just could not be bothered finding nice lighting and setting to take a photo of them LOL)

It's not the team's fault though, let's get that straight. They were given these to hand out, so I found it just amusing, so I took a photo of it.

One of the souvenirs that I was really impressed with was the one from Romania

From Romanian team.
Souvenir: a little jar of sand and shells

This one is actually so pretty, and I'm so afraid that I'll lose it or break it one day, which will make me sad :(
But it was such a nice little souvenir that it surely deserves a photo.

Yeah, this post is really just a pointless update with nothing in mind in particular.

Other souvenirs off the top of my head:

  • Microfibre cleaning cloth from Team USA (HAHA so many jokes were made about this)
  • A really cool cap from Switzerland 
  • Various pins
  • A tie from an Argentinian friend! (which surely will feature in one photo in the near future, sooner or later)
  • Bracelets, necklaces, etc.
  • Speculoos from Belgium
  • Food from various countries
I'm not going to lie though, the koala souvenirs we brought from Australia were pretty popular ;)
We managed to find about a dozen ways to wear one on you, and we ended up giving away all 240 of them that we purchased! Worth it.

Though, what I really wanted to say with this post was that post IBO has been difficult.
I'm not going to lie. Every single day since I've come back I've been thinking of and missing IBO. Not a hyperbole.

It's hard to move on from an experience like that, especially when I feel like it was too short. Even just writing about it here makes me feel a pang of sadness, but that's life.

I'd give anything to go back, even though the exams were crazy difficult, because I really, unbelievably, miss the people there.

IBO changed me in more ways than one, and there really are no words for me to express how I feel right now, so I'll leave it on this note.

"You and I will meet again,
When we're least expecting it, 
One day in some far off place, 
I will recognize your face,
I won't say goodbye my friend,
For you and I will meet again."
 -- Tom Petty

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.