Cambridge HSC Checkpoints


These two photos of mine got into the runner-ups for the Cambridge HSC Checkpoints photography comp :D
Aww yeah

[You can check it out here [link] and have a look at the photo gallery too :)]

At least I didn't flop in this competition (cough cough Eureka Science Film HAHA shhhhhh)

Anyway. This is all that I really have to post :(

I think my rights/ownership over these two photos will be gone after they print it, which is sad, but whatever. I'm worried I'll accidentally use them again HAHA But I suppose it's worth it.

Though, to be fair, I don't really get much from this competition except having my photos printed on the checkpoint books. They should give me a free copy.
Of the whole set.

But I don't think they do haha

I'll probably buy them though :)

Also as an interesting side-point; the first photo (the bird one) was actually taken when I was pretty crap at photography LOL. I didn't really give much thought to it and sort of just took 500 photos and one of them happened to look good.
It was like, legit, under 2 months from purchasing Nikon Nugget wow.

Partially why I got into photography-- to be honest, you really don't need too much talent; you just pick up a camera and press the shutter a bajillion times and hope one of them looks great. My little secret shhhhh.

Anyway. Goodbye photos.

This post is pretty lame; sorry. Haven't acquired a new camera yet (I'll do it soon! By the end of August I should have one, I hope :o)

I'm fairly certain I'll get another D7000; it'll be cheaper too. The... D7100 is better, of course, but I'm not sure if the image sensor upgrade is worth the extra $500 :S Might as well buy a better lens then.

I miss my Sigma lens too :(

But, I'm not complaining.
P.S. I love my friends.

Alright; next post will hopefully be me getting a camera aww yeah. See you guys soon. Also apologies for the hiatus in posting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.