Nikon D7100

My new camera arrived today; the Nikon D7100! :'D
















[For more test photos, click here]

So glad and happy omg. It feels so nice.

Just some quick first impressions.

Build is more like a canon-- it feels like a canon, but the layout is still similar to the Nikon D7000 (which is what I like). The buttons and everything just feel a bit canon-like LOL. Not 100% sure why I think this, but intuition.

What else?!

It's a lot more practical. Little changes here and there really make it a little bit better :') It's more efficient, looks nicer, etc.

But besides the tiny changes, really, most of it is the same.

The focus points (51) are nice though! And the 24 megapixels aw yeah. I feel powerful. And 60 frames per second recording-- this is one of the features I like a lot!.

The buttons are just better :')

And just uRGH.

Though, as a side note! I had a mini heart attack because the manual and the whole camera was in Japanese, and when I turned on the camera it was set to Japanese as well.

I almost died on the inside oh my gosh.

But then I realised you could change the language and everything was saved :')

Also, the NEF files from the camera don't read on my computer (in Lightroom and Photoshop) which is... hmph. But whatever. I'll manage.

They really ought to fix that; it's actually the only thing I'm quite upset about.


But, the screen is bigger, also! But there's no protective screen, so I'll have to buy one.

Anyway! Hopefully will get to use it a bit in the late afternoon sun tomorrow or Sunday, but I can't be sure. Definitely will be taking a lot of photos on Friday/Saturday next week :)

Cooking session lined up and a wonderful sleepover :')

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.