South-East Asia

Right now as this post comes online, if all is according to plan, I'll be in Kuala Lumpur waiting a connecting flight to Thailand.

Thailand will follow with Cambodia, and then finish off with Vietnam, in a long three-week journey across some of South-East Asia's countries with a few friends.

This is, perhaps, the most daring I've ever been, and it's been a trip that's been long in the making. We've been planning for a while, and finally the months of work, of meet-ups, of booking, of trust, and of indecision (lots of this) should finally come to fruition. Hopefully. In theory.

South-East Asia bound.

One thing I hope to do at the end of all this is be able to become better at budget travelling, and organising things, mostly because I anticipate that I will be crossing the globe for the rest of my life -- my restless body just refuses to stay put. Regardless, this is a first-time, and needless to say, problems arose here and there during our organisation (and are bound to arise during the trip), but with experience comes better knowledge and hopefully wisdom (eventually... That's the goal, anyway).

And, for the first time ever, I will be bringing a travel journal with me which I picked up a couple of days back. I'm super excited to use it, because this is one trip I want to remember the details about.

Yes, it says 'Doing Things' because indeed, I intend to be 'doing things' whilst in South-East Asia.
Also, thank you Avant for free travel insurance!!
Yes, the travel bug bit me a while ago and the world is so vast and great and magnificent that I feel like I would be cheated of my life if I didn't go out and see as much of it as I could. So here I go. Hopefully I'll come back with something more than just a suitcase of souvenirs and a thousand gigabytes worth of photos and videos. Rather, I'd prefer to return with knowledge about culture in these countries which are so close to my home, but yet so different in lifestyle, traditions, and its people. And hopefully know a bit more about myself and my friends!

I anticipate some things will go wrong along the journey. A lot of responsibilities will hit us as we're out there away from home, quite far from the comfort zone. From experience, it's never a perfect ride, but that's how life is, isn't it! Somehow we'll work through it all, and we'll all be tested. Travelling isn't easy (especially with friends; there are trips that can make and break friendships) but I have faith it'll all work out okay.

It's scary, but it's also thrilling and exceedingly exciting. Wish me luck! Updates to come (and also Instagram!). In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay happy. (And hydrated).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.