A Fine Line Project

I've always believed that if a line has to be drawn, it's always going to be a fine line.

Today I went out for a walk to freshen my head and study English simultaneously, and on the way back, I started brainstorming photography ideas because I don't know, why not?

And then I figured I'd start this one.

I didn't really know what to call it, so I just named it A Fine Line.

I'm not going to write what I exactly plan to do just yet, because it's still in it's preliminary stages, and it's a long-term project, too.

But we'll see. Hopefully this won't be one of those goals that I make that I never end up fulfilling.

I must say, though, hats off to my brother, because oh, he endures so much. I don't know how he still manages to get all dressed up and listen to me instruct him to pose in a certain way, and look a certain direction, etc.
He's the best, honestly.

The problem with not being a professional photographer or artist is that you never have models for quick access when you come up with an idea, so for the temporary, my brother has filled those shoes for me.

I'm hoping after HSC I'll be able to teach him a bit of photography myself, actually! But time will tell.

Anyway, so I persuaded him (after a long while) to dress up in his little suit and we went out into the neighbourhood to take some of these photos.

So, here are the final two photos!


"Finally, the bus is here"

"Just another 5 more minutes, please"

I thought I'd do something in B&W for a change, because I don't usually do that. I felt like it was the right thing to do for this project.

Also, initially I planned to only end up with one single photo, but I ended up with two and I think the idea works better this way.

And here are a few of the behind-the-scenes/misc ones that are just of us mucking around, because that always happens when I'm with my brother.


"The people in the cars are looking at me..."




Never too old for a swing.
Although the focus is off, I loved his expression.

"Let's check the stocks"

"This looks like a good investment"
Anyway, can't tell when the next AFL post will be, or where this project will actually head, but we'll see in good time.

Photos taken on the Nikon D7100 with the 50mm f/1.8 Nikon E series, and edited in Adobe Lightroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a student from Australia. I like photography, am aspiring to be a Doctor, have fallen in love with many things that life has to offer, and hope to see more of it. I've been blogging for a while and over the years what it means to me has changed. Currently still trying to figure that out, but here I am in a weird hybridisation of photography, film, blogging, and the confusion of a young adult, you'll find me here writing about my experiences and life. Or whatever tickles my fancy. Whether that's entertaining or not is yours to decide. Stay hydrated, kids.